Have you been maintaining your computer lately? As Computer Repair specialists in Harrisonburg, VA, we strongly recommend taking the time at least once a month to keep your laptop or desktop running smoothly. Has your computer crashed lately? According to a study conducted by Microsoft,
“machines that crashed once had a probability of 1 in 3.3 of crashing a second time”
They found that machines with at least 30 days of use had a 1 in 190 chance of crashing due to CPU. That means, if a crash is likely, you need to be maintaining your computer and doing your backups. With that in mind, here’s our essential maintenance guide.
- Perform a Complete Data Backup– You want to make sure you don’t lose any important data. Back up to a flash drive or hard drive so you have everything you need, even if you have a crash.
- Scan for Everything– Anti-virus, malware, or spyware, you need to make sure you’re protected for everything
- Update Your Software– Update your operating system and all of your programs. You’ll be surprised with how much faster your computer will run afterwards
- Delete the Excess– Get rid of excess files or programs that you don’t need. The less files and programs weighing down the hard drive, the faster you’ll run.
- Run a Disk Cleanup– Just to be safe, do a disk clean up to make sure there aren’t fragmented files slowing everything down
- Get Rid of Dust– No one wants a dusty workspace, why would your computer? Also getting rid of dust makes sure your fan isn’t bogged down and nothing is at risk for fire.
- Organize Your Cords– The last thing you want is to get lost in all the cords. Organize and label them to make sure your workspace is clean and streamlined.
Need Computer Help?
Of course, even the most properly maintained computer needs repair at some point. If you need computer repair in Harrisonburg, VA, don’t hesitate to seek the help of Roz Hi-Tech. Whether you’re having issues with your Macbook Air or your Windows PC, we are proud to support your system. From providing factory restoration and the installation of the OS you need to replacing damaged fans and the LCD screens, to selling replacement chargers and keyboards— we can keep your computer going. No matter the system, our dedicated staff is ready to find solutions to all your problems. Contact us today to get started.